Introduction to autism – a course for professionals (virtual training)
A comprehensive one-day course for people who support children or adults who have autism.
Designed and created with SENDCos, Behaviour Analysts, Speech and Language Therapists, and Occupational Therapists, it covers the suggested content from the Tier 1 and 2 capabilities from the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Core Capabilities Framework for Supporting Autistic People’.
The course is delivered by experienced trainers from the field of special educational needs.
By the end of this course you will:
- know the basic facts about autism
- be able to use respectful language and terminology when discussing autism
- know the common characteristics of autism and understand that every autistic person is unique
- understand the importance of communication
- have a better understanding of behaviours that are perceived to challenge
- understand the sensory needs associated with autism
- understand the mental health needs associated with autism
- know the challenges someone with autism may face with transition and change, and how you can support them
- learn about a person-centred approach to support and planning
- understand the legislation and law associated with equality
To register your interest for the course, fill out the form below or complete the Training Booking Form.
We are unable to run this course in person at the moment. To register your interest complete the form below.