Funded by City Bridge Foundation, we worked with three partners in 2022 to pilot the service; two London boroughs, and one Multi Academy Trust.
- 96% of pupils remained in placements with no further suspensions.
- 100% positive feedback from schools via the feedback forms.
- 46% of those referred to the service were awaiting an autism assessment.
- 100% of school staff responded either ‘strongly agree’ or ‘agree’ to the statement; ‘Going forward I feel confident implementing the recommendations that the Fast Responder team introduced’.
Our partners shared the following feedback:
- Increased staff confidence in understanding and supporting behaviours that challenge.
- Reduction in behaviours that challenge in school.
- Increased classroom and curriculum access.
- Better communication between staff and shared understanding due to the facilitation of group problem solving, discussion and sharing of ideas and information.
Exclusion can cost £370,000 throughout the life of an excluded child¹. Following the pilot, one of our Local Authority partners estimating the following savings:
- £1,611 per pupil with an EHCP (additional funding)
- £15,334 per pupil with SEN support (estimated cost avoidance if those on SEN support went on to have an EHCP)