28th September 2020
Last week the Employment Advisory Committee held its first (virtual) meeting. This is an exciting step in our employability project which is focused on ensuring everyone we reach through our services is supported in their aspirations for employment.
The committee has been set up due to the expanding employment projects across BeyondAutism’s Sixth Form and Post-19 services and our emerging Employment Toolkit which is being funded by a grant from The City Bridge Trust. There will be 4 meetings throughout the year to review and guide any vocational based activity within the organisation; from embedding employment related study into the curriculum, to the creation of the toolkit, to developing work experience and social enterprises.
The initial meeting consisted of a presentation given by Emily Ross, Chair of the Committee, about the employability toolkit followed by a group discussion about the year ahead.
Committee members are professionals from our services and beyond who have experience to support the creation of the toolkit and deliver positive outcomes for our learners.
- Chair: Emily Ross; Specialist Vocational Advisor
- Deputy Chair: David Anthony; Head of Research and Learning
- Bernadett Rankasz; Head of Early Years
- Emma Price; Deputy Head of Tram House School
- Jordana Lyons; Head of Sixth Form; BCBA Supervisor
- Dan Thurman; Senior Marketing Officer
- Ian Hunter; HR Director
- Mike Calver; Head of Donor Engagement
- Pippa Day; Senior Fundraising Officer
- Emily Hicks; Member of Post-19 Advisory Board
- Tom Bailey; Head of Therapies
Sarah Larner; ABA Consultant Early Years’ & Post-19
- Kieran Bird; Executive Head of BeyondAutism Schools
If you have any questions about the our employability project or the toolkit itself, please contact Emily Ross, Committee Chair.