- This course is an introduction to autism. It is designed for people who might need to support children or adults who have autism
- It covers the suggested content from the Tier 1 and 2 capabilities from the Department of Health and Social Care’s ‘Core Capabilities Framework for Supporting Autistic People’
- The course is designed to provide the participant with the foundation to further develop their knowledge and skills
- The course will take around 6-8 hours to complete
- If you have any questions about the course, please get in touch.
By the end of this course you will:
- know the basic facts about autism
- be able to use respectful language and terminology when discussing autism
- know the common characteristics of autism and understand that every person with autism is unique
- understand the importance of communication
- have a better understanding of behaviours that are perceived to challenge
- understand the sensory needs associated with autism
- understand the mental health needs associated with autism
- know the challenges someone with autism may face with transition and change, and how you can support them
- learn about a person-centred approach to support and planning
- understand the legislation and law associated with equality.