Empowering People, Launching lives

Speech and Language Therapy for children

Key information

Family support / information services


Early Years





Contact information

020 7138 1464

Go Back

Some children may need to see a speech and language therapist or assistant on a regular basis to learn and practise new skills. These sessions may be on an individual or group basis. Some children need to do speech and language activities in school, nursery and/or home. The therapists will show parents/carer’s and school staff how to do these and will keep an eye on the child’s progress. Some children need a combination of approaches. Therapists may need to refer a child to another professional eg Paediatrician or Audiologist for further investigations. This is always discussed and agreed with parents/carers before a referral is made.

Therapists provide training to raise awareness of how children develop language and communication skills and the things adults can do to promote these skills.

Registered Charity No. 1082599. Registered in England and Wales Ltd by guarantee No. 4041459 Registered Office: Ashurst LLP, London Fruit & Wool Exchange, 1 Duval Square, London, E1 6PW