SENCO (Maternity Cover)
Maternity Cover for up to 14 Months. Full time, permanent.
The successful applicant will be an active member of the Senior Leadership Team and support the Heads of School in the day to day leadership of teaching and learning. You will be:
- Responsible for developing and leading the pastoral care of all pupils at Rainbow School.
- The lead on all matters relating to pastoral care, pupil welfare and first aid
- The school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Leading the development and implementation of a dynamic and pupil responsive PSHE curriculum
- Leading and taking an active role in the delivery of the Education Health and Care Plan meetings as well as the Annual Review process, driving forward pupil outcomes.
- Leading and supporting a team of Designated Safeguarding Persons and first aiders embedding safeguarding systems and processes within the wider school and organisation.
- Supporting the Heads of School in developing positive relationships with parents, outside agencies, including Local Authorities.
- Required to deputise for the Heads of School in the event that either or both are absent.
A qualified teacher, with significant SEN experience, you will be instrumental in ensuring that the ethos and environment of the school at all times fulfils the mission of BeyondAutism to transform through education the lives of children and young adults by achieving the highest standards of educational practice available. You will join a supportive staff team where teamwork, flexibility and a positive attitude are essential attributes.
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.