SEN Teaching Assistant
Part time, permanent
The Teaching Assistant will work across both BeyondAutism Schools, which has pupils aged 4 – 19years and some work within the Outreach team may also be required. The role of Teaching Assistant is essential to the smooth running of the life of the school. Working as part of a team, under the direction of the Heads of Schools, the Teaching Assistant will support the learning and wellbeing of pupils throughout the Schools. They will support the ABA Supervisors, Teachers, ABA Instructors and ABA Tutors in ensuring the daily needs of our pupils are met in a professional, competent, safe and fun school environment.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated individual who shares our mission of empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives. You will be a strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of the pupils within the school. You will need to be willing to learn and work under the supervision of the Supervisors, Behaviour Analysts and Qualified Teachers.
The successful candidate:
- Educated to A-Level or recognised Childcare qualification
- An interest in working with children with special needs including autism
- Emotional and physical resilience to meet the challenges and demands of the role
- Can work effectively in a team environment
- Passionate and committed to the development of pupils within the school
- Experience of working with children and/or adults with special needs (desirable)
You will join a supportive staff team where teamwork, flexibility and a positive personality are essential.
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.