Post-19 ABA Tutor
Full time, permanent
Who we are looking for
- We’re looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated individuals who share our mission of empowering young adults with autism to lead fuller lives.
- You will be a strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of the children within the school.
- You will need to be willing to learn and work under the supervision of the Supervisors, Behaviour Analysts and Qualified Teachers.
The role involves supporting a young adult in our Post-19 service and out in the community. Working with a team of ABA Tutors, you will provide excellent support using the methods of ABA/VB teaching to a young adult with autism and associated learning difficulties. You will support the ABA Supervisor and ABA Instructor in ensuring the daily needs of our students are met in a professional, competent, safe and fun environment within our Post-19 service. You will need to follow the principles of ABA to enable the students to access learning in a way that allows them to learn new skills at their own pace. Further training on ABA/VB in an adult setting will be given to the successful candidate.
You will need
- An interest in working with young adults with special needs including autism.
- To be educated to A Level or recognised child care qualification.
- Emotional and physical resilience to meet the challenges and demands of the role.
- Experience of working with children and/or adults with special needs (desirable).
- To be able to work effectively in a team environment.
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.