Occupational Therapist Band 5/6
Full time, permanent
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and passionate Occupational Therapist with good IT and time management skills to join our dedicated and supportive team to provide occupational therapy at a highly specialist level to children and young adults with autism and associated communication needs.
The successful candidate will need:
- Professional qualification (BSc Hons OT, Msc/PgDip OT) in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and RCOT
- Good assessment & organisational skills
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team to achieve outstanding progress within an educational setting
- Experience of health & social care policy / local & national agendas as they relate to disabled people
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to manage a large caseload
- Passionate about supporting children with autism
You will join a supportive staff team where teamwork, flexibility and a positive personality are essential attributes.
We are particularly seeking applications from people that represent the diversity of our community.
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.