Full time, permanent
Due to expansion, we are looking to employ a Job Coach to work across our Post-19 hubs.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working with young people and supporting them to progress (life coach, mentor, Youth worker etc).
- Able to develop effective relationships with a range of stakeholders including young people, employers, and colleagues.
- Possess understanding and empathy with the lives of young people with Autism
- Solutions focused with ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to cope with the varying demands of the role, managing time effectively to achieve the desired results
- Effective negotiation and persuasion skills
As Job Coach, you will provide support to young people aged 19 to 25, who have Autism and other SEN needs. You will provide an appropriate level of support and guidance to each student, their families/carers, employers and co-workers prior to, during and subsequent to their placement. You will follow-on support from placement into supported internship and supported employment, including the implementation of DWP Access to Work financial support and supporting the implementation of reasonable adjustments where necessary.
In this role you will develop a portfolio of employers within students preferred areas of interest and skills and market them directly to a wide network of employers, businesses and colleges to ensure that they secure a Supported Internship or paid job of their choice at the end of their college placement.
We are particularly seeking applications from people that represent the diversity of our community.
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.