ABA Supervisor – Post-19
Full time, permanent
Leadership of a hub within the college providing guidance, support and training to their teams, monitoring all aspects of their work and maintaining the hub. Overseeing the education of students, developing appropriate curriculum plans and behaviour strategies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To analyse problem behaviour and develop behaviour reduction plans based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Curriculum and group teaching to oversee and advise on the use of reinforcement, data taking and group responding of students
- To provide on-going training, guidance and demonstrations to ABA Tutors, Lead ABA Tutors and Instructor using the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis in order to maximise student progress and promote good teaching practice
- To monitor the professional conduct of ABA Tutors and Instructor within your hub, to address issues as they arise and to keep the Head of Post-19 informed
- Student progress to oversee initial assessments of new students, write a baseline assessment report (including an IEP) and meet with parents to discuss the report and IEP
- To share effective strategies with home and other agency, when relevant
- Safeguarding the security, safety and wellbeing of students at all times during college hours, in college and out in the community reporting any concerns in accordance with the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- To be responsible for the management and organisation of the hub including, but not limited to displays, equipment, resources, attendance and risk assessments
- To remain up to date with evolving teaching and behaviour management procedures by reading behavioural journals and attending conferences and share that knowledge with other staff members
We are particularly seeking applications from people that represent the diversity of our community.
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.