How you can help from home
These are challenging times for us all. With events being postponed or cancelled and increased pressure on grant-making Trusts and Foundations our fundraising will be significantly affected. Your support is more important than ever as we try and raise voluntary income to support our projects. If you’re stuck at home, looking for things to do, there are still lots of ways that you can get involved and support the charity throughout this period.
With organised events still restricted, below are just a few examples of virtual challenges that you can try as a family at home.
- Host a virtual quiz for your friends. Use Teams or Zoom to get a group of friends together to do a quiz and donate what you would normally spend on a night out. We have created a quiz that you can download for free which has some other fundraising ideas!
- Set up a gameathon. Get your friends together and hold a marathon gaming session with a small entry fee
- Karoake sing off. Challenge your friends to a singing competition
- Get creative with your exercise. We’re all being encouraged to stay fit and healthy, use whatever space you have in your garden or living room to stay active
- Facebook fundraisers are easy to set up and share with your close friends if you’re raising money
- Remember you can use Give as You Live to raise free funds for us when doing your online grocery shopping or ordering those household essentials
- If you’re taking time at home to have a ‘spring clean’ clear out, you can sell items on eBay and donate a % of the profit to BeyondAutism (sellers that raise money for charity have noticeably higher sell rates)
- Or Virgin Money Giving are offering a free collection of unwanted books, DVDs, CDs and games with a donation made to BeyondAutism
- An easy way to support us is by sharing, liking and commenting on our social media pages to help us reach as many people as we can. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
Or you can make a donation. Your support is so important to the work that we are doing and will enable us to help as many families as possible.
We hope that you have fun with your fundraising and we’d love to hear about the creative ways you come up with at home!