Schools Outreach – we bring our support and expertise to you
BeyondAutism staff can make regular visits to schools who are keen to develop their support for children with autism and deliver programmes to specific members of staff or train large groups. We can also make individual visits to help support children in various settings.
We have found that the right programme, with appropriate training for staff, can successfully adapt educational practice to help ensure that places at school are maintained.
Training and support can be delivered:
- One to one to specific staff who work closely with children with autism
- To large groups in INSET training
- Weekly, fading out over time
- Regularly throughout a child’s life
- As an intensive block of daily support over a few weeks
- Via telephone for follow up/additional advice
This service is suitable for:
- Local Authorities (Special Schools and Mainstream)
- Maintained Schools and Academies
- Independent Schools without autism specialists on their staff
All pupils referred would:
- Be likely to have an Education Health and Care plan (EHCP) or Statement of Special Educational Needs
- Have a dedicated Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant
- Require 1:1 support
For more information on the services we can offer please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3031 9705.